Every year the direction of Internet marketing becomes more and more relevant, offers more and more mechanisms for advertising promotion, and causes the desire to try to work with it. Although at first glance there is nothing special and different from regular marketing in promoting goods and services online, in reality, the profession includes several important segments at once.
It is about them that we would like to talk about in more detail, set the foundations for studying Internet marketing, and then we will talk about the most important thing about contextual, targeted, and display advertising, about competent work with SMM and SEO promotion, about promotion in e-mail marketing and analytics advertising campaigns. Let's get started!
The first segment is paid to advertise, which can be divided into 3 categories:
1. Contextual advertising. It is based on the launch of advertising campaigns through search queries in the browser. Surely, every user at least once in his life searched for some goods of interest to him on the Internet and at the very top of the browser's search results, he saw the “advertising” die. The same thing could be seen at the bottom of the page - if we really simplify, then this is the result of the work of contextual advertising.
2. Targeted advertising. Most often found on social networks when working with Facebook, Instagram and other advertising platforms. Targeting as a whole means a set of characteristics of a potential client - location, place of work, marital status, age, gender, earnings, interests, and many other parameters. All this can be adapted to the advertised product and get an audience interested in the product.
3. Media advertising. It is something between regular advertising and online format, allowing you to show the product to a wide range of users and work with maximum coverage.
The webmaster's interaction mechanism with each of these options, although unique, has the same concept:
1. We choose an advertising offer for promotion, determine the advertising platform and look for the target audience we need.
2. We prepare advertisements consisting of text and visual components, as well as prepare other materials for the campaign, which we will talk about in more detail a little later.
3. We launch the promotion and monitor the statistics, if necessary, and optimize the advertising campaign along the way.
4. We fix the results of our work. Let's say right away that a huge number of factors influence the final success of the promotion, and at the first stages of studying Internet marketing, be prepared for the fact that not everything will turn out and not always, but this is normal.
The second segment of Internet marketing will help to deepen knowledge in this area and refers us to social networks, or rather to their competent management on behalf of the company.
Here we will immediately make a small clarification - most often several or even dozens of webmasters cooperate with companies at once, and therefore, of course, no one will let you manage the social networks of organizations. We will create them ourselves on behalf of experts in the field we need, well-known politicians, or just interested people - in other words, we need to inspire confidence in the target audience and the presented images will perfectly cope with this.
In addition to increasing the credibility of the offer (in the future, this is what we will call the promotional offer), social networks help the future client to learn more about the product and gradually motivate him to perform the targeted action (purchase, subscription to mailing lists, i.e. those actions that the advertiser asks us).
Finally, we will give some recommendations regarding SMM:
1. Be prepared for the gradual warming up of the audience and slowly lead it from the moment you get acquainted with the product to purchase it. Agree, few will be able to understand within 5-10 minutes that they definitely need this product, study all its components and make a purchase. This is especially true for expensive goods.
2. Tailor content to your target audience. With each new post, you will get to know your target audience better, you will be able to fully analyze its engagement indicators, the number of views, and other metrics. Depending on this, change your content to the one that is of most interest to the client.
3. Analyze your competitors. As mentioned earlier, you are not the only one who launches ads for the same offer, and therefore it is quite convenient to analyze the ads of other webmasters and understand what format the audience has chosen and what ideas should be abandoned.
Most often, the promotion of an advertising campaign is a whole chain of different advertising sources and the matter is not limited to social networks alone. The next stage of user involvement in the transition to the landing/ pre-landing/ website of the advertiser. Now we will not delve into each of these concepts, because it will be enough to know that all these are sites, each of which should not only be beautiful and filled with content but also SEO-optimized. For this we need:
1. Collect the semantic core. It will not be difficult to do this with the help of Google Trends and Яндекс.Вордстат, where we try various search queries and, using such attempts, select the most effective keys by which future customers will be able to find our site.
2. Analyze your competitors. Yes, yes, we again ask you to look at other similar sites, because even if you are sure that your development is the best, the product is competitive, and the content is as good and attractive as possible for users, then you should not be arrogant - other webmasters think the same way. For a simplified analysis, you can use, for example, the SemRush service.
3. Check if your site meets the requirements of search engines. Firstly, any of its pages must load quickly, otherwise, the client will simply grow old while waiting for loading or simply leave the site, which is most likely to happen. Secondly, there should not be duplicate pages or uninformative pages. There are actually many more parameters, and all of them can be tracked through Яндекс.Вебмастерor Google Search Console.
We will pay a little attention to today's material to the quality of content. Whether it's on your website, on social media, or in a PPC ad, the content should ask and solve the reader's problem.
For example, if a user wants to lose weight, then it is with the help of your product that he should want to solve this problem. Thus, we solve even two problems - we help the client solve the issue that is necessary for him and get the profit that is no less necessary for us. In this case, there are several types of content for everyone:
1. Expert. Allows you to work with the audience on behalf of a well-known expert, whose opinion is really important to the user. On his behalf, the webmaster can publish useful content and combine it with the advertising component, adding words about the offer you need.
2. Educational. It allows you to learn something new for a potential client, but the essence here is about the same - we add 70% of useful information to the content and we still spend 30% on the advertising segment, because this something new is necessarily associated with an advertising offer.
3. Selling. It is sharpened accordingly for sales, when we present the product from all sides, indicate its advantages, unique features relative to competitors, and other advantages that motivate to make a purchase.
As for specific text formats, it makes no sense to consider them, because a lot depends on the target audience, type of offer, advertising platform, and so on. In general, you have a huge selection, of articles, news, collections, checklists, digests, abstracts, and manuals - all of this can be used in promotion.
Another segment of Internet marketing is one of the most important in the promotion. Web analytics allows you to understand how the target audience reacts to the content presented to them, which materials bring the best results, and which ones should be discarded. Finally, analytics allows you to take stock of the advertising campaign.
After the final promotion of the offer, you can clearly see how much success you were able to achieve, where there are drawdowns in purchases, what mistakes were made during PR, what was missing from the audience, and so on. Even if the campaign was not the most successful in the end, then you should not be upset, because in any case you have gained useful experience and will be able to take it into account in future advertising campaigns.
The last section for today is a valuable tool for Internet marketing and allows you to directly interact with the audience using mailing lists. Although some webmasters consider this option to be regular spam, in fact, email newsletters are very useful and help:
1. Introduce the user to the brand and even bring him to purchase. This is a kind of analogy of social networks, only if there we built a chain of posts, for example, on Instagram, then here we will build a chain of letters.
2. Make a regular client out of a regular client. Firstly, if the user has previously bought something from the advertiser, then if you offer him profitable discounts or personal promotions, then there is a high probability of a repeat purchase. Secondly, such a letter allows you to tell about the company's updates and once again restore the audience's interest in its advertising offers.
An additional advantage of such mailings is the interest of the target audience in it because, in order to receive letters, you must voluntarily agree to receive them.
The field of internet marketing is incredibly broad. As you can see, this includes a huge number of tools and sources to attract an audience that will later become full-fledged clients of the company and will bring profit not only to it but also to the webmaster.
Today we have analyzed the main aspects of Internet marketing, briefly talked about their use, and gave useful tips on how to work with them in practice. This is just the beginning of your journey into this profession, and therefore, for further study of it, be sure to check out other articles from our partner system.